3.17.2006

why i need new tires, part two


So anyway, I got the new tires. Only 40,000 mile warranty. For $30 bucks more coulda had 80,000. Said to the guy, "This truck has 118,000 miles on it. I don't think I need a really long warranty." So for $225 or so, I was outa Sears with two new tires I didn't really need. Well, I really needed one of them—the one that had been slashed while parked in newark, NJ. What with the Valvoline oil change ($40 something) and the gas ($61), I was not exactly a happy vehicle owner by the time I reached NYC and found:
a freaking movie shooting in my neighborhood that had caused all cars left between 79th and 86th of Riverside Drive to be towed
After feeding a meter until 10 pm and moving the car at 8 in the morning to a lot, I was even less all about car ownership than before. I am so out of town next week.
And maybe breaking ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone bother to slash a tire on your old truck? You think it was the guy in the parking spot next to you?