12.03.2020

the beautiful city


 Is my city beautiful or what? I better like it here indoors, because it looks like a long, lonesome winter coming up. NYC is getting about 2500 new cases a day, a 50 percent increase in the past two weeks. I feel like this virus has chased me all over the countryside. From New York to Hawaii to Massachusetts to Rhode Island to Missouri and back to New York again. Now there's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, baby. But if I'm going to be stuck, I'd rather be stuck here, in a nice, warm apartment with friends in the building and every food in the world delivered and a little action on the street, should I dare to emerge from my fastness. I have experience of the ivory tower.

1 comment:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

makes me want to paint...right now the color light