7.25.2022

take me to the river

I moved here because of the people and the rivers. But I haven't been to a great swimming hole since I got here almost a month ago and went to Rocky Falls with Carly (above) and her son. Plus we've been having a drought. Most rivers are spring fed and have good deep pools here and there. Mostly there, like 45 minutes away (that's really not considered that much of a drive here). I have been unable to get company to go with, which seems important in the backside of beyond. So finally I texted a neighbor for permission to get into his river access. He's not here and said sure. 
   I'm actually surprised my 19-foot-deep well has any water in it, since the water comes from the same river. But so far so good.

The selfie is mostly to annoy Frank, who specifically said he didn't want to see me in a bathing suit. But the water was clear and delicious, if not much more than chest deep. And I thought of this Al Green song.

 

No comments: