2.26.2022

been there done that


 It's like deja vu all over again. Anyone who was in elementary school in the 1950s remembers cowering under their desks waiting for the big one from the Russians. As my friend Bill Dugan references above.
   Hello? Here we are again. For a time I was channeling the Cuban Missile Crisis, but we've gone beyond that now. There are boots on the ground. No longer a game of chicken.
   My niece says some of the Ukranian women are fighting the good fight on Tinder. They are going on the dating site and finding, in her words, "horny 18-year-old Russian soldiers" and hitting them up for their Insta and other social media sites. Then they are relaying info on the troops' whereabouts to the Ukraine resistors. Sa sa. She (my niece) is even now at a march in support of Ukraine in Times Square. 
   My ex husband, Douglas, says that if you live long enough you see everything come around again. And I must say, that seems true right now. Protest marches, right-wing American flag-waving counter-protest marches—also backlash against feminists and liberals and critical race theory. National political division, inner city distress, drugs and crime, presidents being impeached. I mean, y'all can add to the list. If you are old enough to remember, that is.
   Here was my freshman entering class reading list in 1968. Just saying.


  

No comments: