8.25.2021

meanwhile in old rhody

 

That white dot in the middle of the storm Henri would be Block Island. It looked like the island would take a direct hit (as indeed it did), and the police asked outsiders to leave. My tenants fled back to their homes on Friday, and my sister and husband buttoned up the houses. But in the event, the hurricane became a storm and was pretty much of a bust, with the highest gusts maybe 75. The ferries were running again by Monday, and Isaac's birthday took place under sunny skies. Excited, Isaac woke up at 2 ayem and never went back to sleep. Breakfast was the traditional birthday pancake, and the family porch party featured a video game (Hollow Night) motif as cake.
   I find myself divided. Part of me is here at the Goose, and part of me has been in RI since the storm headed northeast. I'm missing the fam. One foot out the door, I guess. Leaving in about ten days.


No comments: