8.09.2021

and on the other hand

Lest you think we're all anti-vaxers and hillbillies out here, I want to show you the Other side of the Ozarks. Frank and Dianne and I ate fancy pizza at a local vineyard. Actually, Frank had bruschetta and salad. Dianne did NOT approve of the pizza, though it was thin crust wood fired. And we all approved of the peach pie pizza dessert and the ambiance.
Jessica, a town council member, came out to the Goose and drank fancy wine. Needless to say that was supplied by David, since I buy the veriest plonk. Denise came over and cooked fancy chanterelles, which she had gathered herself in her woods.
And, once again, David had me over, this time to meet his brother and cousins. We ate fancy oyster ceviche and oven-fried chicken. Yum!
And for a little international action, Frank and Dianne and I went out again to a Mexican restaurant in Cabool, which town is named after the one spelled (and pronounced) otherwise in Afghanistan. I was charmed by this mural, which turned out to have been done by my one-time landlord at the yoga retreat where I stayed while rebuilding from the flood.  


 
 

No comments: