8.10.2021

doin' bidniss

This picture has nothing to do with mice. It is from a summer long past when Barrett and I thought it would be hilarious to have a tube rental outfit called "You Tube," which was a virtually unknown platform at the time. We scoured West Plains for truck tubes and finally scored one. Sadly, we did not realize that a black tube would pop if left in the sun. That was the end of that business plan. I then thought of doing I Ching readings. I mean, they are likely not available anywhere in the three-county area. But then, I didn't really want random people coming into the house. Same problem with renting out the Goose. Mostly it's bikers and hunters who rent around here, and I don't think they would enjoy a girlie scene with no TV. We tried selling boiled peanuts, too. That was a bust. Don't think we sold any—though I ate quite a few. Probably the best idea I came up with was to set up an outdoor bar selling Grey Goose vodka and Goose Island IPA. After all, the cafe across the street has no alcohol. However, in the end, like the old sailor, I did nothing at all. I'd rather just entertain my friends and give stuff away.

Everything went but two ratty pillowcases. I'm pretty sure one person takes everything I put out in the yard. Hate to see their place!

No comments: