3.08.2023

ed report, march 6

The cruelties of illness and time. I saw Ed on Monday. I got there around two and had dinner with him (for once, he had something other than a hot dog: salmon and asparagus), leaving after he had his meds, around 7:30. I think I took the photo below in 2015, but clearly the picture is from his younger years. His eyes are still blue. I asked him whether he remembers cooking and taking out the trash and the other tasks of daily life he no longer does. And he said it pretty much seemed like another life. I think we can all relate to that feeling as we age. When I think back to the risky things I did back in the day, it definitely seems like another life. Alt life. 
   When I left, Ed was dozing off again. I said goodbye, and he said, "Are you coming back tomorrow?"


 

No comments: