3.31.2021

the leak

 Have I mentioned thatI should have either become a plumber or married one? I have 9 toilets, 4  bathtubs, kitchen sinks and dishwashers, 3 hot water heaters, 2 washing machines. and endless repairs.
    So this happened. 
    I heard Toby running the bath upstairs and went into the bathroom to find a shower coming down through the hole Z had cut in my ceiling to see what was going on. I called Toby to stop running the bath, and ran for a pot to catch the water (and then my camera), and the water stopped. But she said she had flushed the toilet at the same time. 
    We did a test. First she let the water out of the bath. Then she ran more water in the bath. Then we waited. Then she flushed the toilet.
    Bingo! An inch of water in the pot. 
    So today Z replaced the seal on her toilet. Another test. Still with the rainshower down here. 
    Next up: A plumber and further destruction of my ceiling.

1 comment:

DaDa said...

Not for the first time either...