3.14.2021

bi update


 Despite my replacement efforts of a few years ago, the windows on the nor'east side of Claudia's Surf City were terminal. Waldyn, of my Santana family, did his best with puzzling together and bondo-ing the other windows, but the oceanside, no diceroonie. Rotted beyond repair. So Waldyn and his brother braved the cold and the wind and the waves and the ferry to replace the windows and trim I replaced, poorly, not that long ago, and it's a new scene.

And that necessitated replacement of interior trim. I asked Waldyn to keep it simple so that he didn't show up the remains of my effort. But I suppose he couldn't help himself. So it's better too. I can't wait to see it. I barely remember what my house looks like, not having been there for almost a year.


All photos by Waldyn Santana.

And in a T'ville update, it looked like the river might flood, so Randy and Virginia went down to my house and moved all my paintings upstairs, which I had neglected to do. Really, one painting (and my beautiful old refrigerator) is the only thing I regret about the previous flood. Actually, the old refrigerator still exists, under a tarp in Randy and Virginia's woods.


No comments: