10.11.2020

ok, missy

 

If you came to this place on a beautiful day, would you be looking at mattress covers? I thought not. Some of you may have heard me speak of "the tenant from hell" this past summer, but I have not made any public complaint about her until now. I had a suspicion that she was going to be trouble from the get go, but we were newly in a pandemic, and I was afraid I was going to lose my tenants. In the event, I cound have rented three times over. I was strongly tempted to kick Missy (her real name!) out, but I settled for not letting my cleaners go anywhere near the place.

  You would think that she would be afraid of what I'd post about her on VRBO, but nooo. She went right ahead and posted a vicious review of my place, right on my site. Here it is:

Claudia's Surf City was as described, in terms of location and fun, funky style to the home. Lots of great details, like the indoor hammock, wrap around porch, record player, amazing outdoor shower. Unfortunately, cleanliness was a major issue. Upon arriving, I immediately contacted the owner regarding the layers of dirt, dust, and mold, dirty socks and a blood stained mattress cover in the room where I was making up the beds for my boys to sleep. I was told to send pics (which I did). The next morning, as I tried to unpack (we arrived late, so there was plenty of time for a cleaning to occur) I was not able to unpack anything without first wiping everything down. Everything, everywhere. Black mold in/on the refrigerator, hair in the toaster, silverfish bugs in all the books, layers of dust and dirt on everything in all rooms. It took me many, many hours to clean just to unpack. I asked for the cleaner to come back as this was not at all how I envisioned "vacation", but was told that my expectations of clean were not a good fit for this house, and I should pack up and leave (alone with my 7 and 9 year old boys, an 11 month old puppy, a hurricane hitting the area and mid-pandemic, this was almost laughable). If there were some attention paid to cleaning the house, it would be an awesome place to call home for a week or so. But for over 12 grand, I would think "clean" is not an outrageous expectation.

Date of arrival - July 31, 2020

 

FYI, there was no mold (or hurricane!), and the tiny red spot she detected must have been candy or paint on the new mattress pad, because blood, as most people know, turns brown. Anyway I have the opportunity to give her a review so that no VRBO owner would ever rent to her again, but instead I will just vent here. Possibly the fact that I am booked solid with returnees who were very happy to be able to come back spared her.

No comments: