8.20.2023

this old house

So it looks like Douglas has sold the tiny, asbestos-shingled shack we bought with his brother in 1980 for, ahem, $45,000, has sold. Not closed yet but soon. That's the shack top left, and it was bought by his neighbor top right, who bought the house from my brother-in-law. So the compound continues to shrink. The two houses I built are at the bottom of the picture, and my brother-in-law built the two in the middle.
  HERE is a link to Douglas's, making it look much bigger than it really is. And beautifully styled out, not to mention renovated, by Douglas's former partner.
   All of his children got to enjoy a last summer at the place, including Simon, a college sophomore.

Adam, a 53-year-old lawyer.

And Hannah and her family, who were staying across the compound at my place.
In other Block Island news, a 200-year-old hotel in the middle of town burned down this week. Fortunately no one was hurt. But town will never be the same. Needless to say, I did not not take any of these pictures, since I have been in the Ozarks.


 


 



No comments: