10.01.2021

sara


 Life can vanish between one heartbeat and the next. Hannah's mother-in-law, who has been ailing with amyloidosis for 15 years, most of those years on every-other-day dialysis, just died at home in her sleep. Fortunately her other son came in from Portland to be with her this week. She has been living across the yard from Chris and Hannah and the kids for almost a year, with Ruca acting as comfort animal. My sister saw her yesterday. I saw her Monday before coming to Block Island, for Camilla's eleventh birthday party. She was up and about and in good spirits. In fact, I never never known her not to be in good spirits. The was the best sport about her ailments I have ever known. Fortunately, she had a happy end of life, surrounded by family, and and comforted even in death by her companion dog. Much love, Sara. I'm glad I got one last picture of you. 


No comments: