9.10.2021

goodbye to all that

A few last snaps of the neighborhood in T'ville from my farewell tour. There's the propane tank at the cafe across the street. There's the rock house nearby that Randy and Sherry rebuilt after the flood. Sherry makes pinatas, and Randy mows my yard.

There's the former beer store next door, rebuilt after the flood distributed bottles and soggy cigarettes all over the road as an an Air BnB. Also for sale, if you're interested. Parked there is the most beautiful truck in the world, a Chevy, Dianne informs me. Below at Randy and Virginia's place are a few less beautiful trucks, but the most beautiful turkey in the world. Also rather friendly.

 As you know, I have a taste for funk that goes for miles. And I am extremely fond of my neighbors in Missouri. However, after a few months of being surrounded by people who believe that vaccines are poison microchips being distributed by Bill Gates and the Evil Democrats, I feel a sense of relief walking among my peeps here in New York. My peeps are all colors, from all different countries. My peeps are strivers who came from other places to live here because this place has more opportunity and more excitement than most places. They don't fuss when asked to show vaccine cards to go into restaurants and bars, or mask up in subways and stores. They are out and about—street life is livelier than ever. Cafes and falafel carts on every block. Moving trucks with people moving back in. Gorgeous displays of flowers for sale outside the corner groceries. Dogs and kids and lovers and beggers. It's good to be back.

No comments: