6.06.2021

a visit with ed

Hard to believe that just a week before, Ed had his head screwed down (hence the bindi) and the back of his skull removed. He said the doctors told him that a large tumor popped out and splatted on the floor. This being Ed, the account may be exaggerated. Anyway it was a large, aggressive, malignant tumor. And it's out.
  He is going in to get the staples out this coming week, and I guess will find out at that point what they have planned for him in the way of chemo. 
   He is having difficulty with peripheral vision, which makes it hard to read and write and use his phone. Well, he has always been technically challenged. On the upside, he is sleeping better. He seems to be as smart as ever (i.e. more than most people I know, and most people I know are smart) and talks as fluently as ever. His laugh, when Chien-Chi and I visited him, is the same machine-gun version (some say typewriter) as ever. It was great to spend time together. Looking forward to some great parties and hearing those old stories again.


 

2 comments:

DaDa said...

Simply amazing

D.R. said...

I'm so happy to read this good report.
Give my best to Ed.