5.18.2020

distance visiting

 I wanted to see Edie, who is still the queen of all at 90 something, so I used the excuse of dropping off some of Ed's Famous Seafood Stew (this time made with cod and salmon) to pay a brief call. And call it was, since we are both deaf and had to shout at each other through the window.
   "What are you doing?" she asked me at one point. "Taking pictures of my underwear?"
   "I always take pictures of your underwear," I said.
    And it's true. I love the way a laundry line looks, as do many other Block Island denizens, memorably the painters Sperry Andrews (and a happy birthday today to his daughter Barrett!) and Kate Knapp.
   So it was both a distanced visit and, given the undies, an intimate visit.

1 comment:

Caryl said...

She's 90--and she's hanging her laundry herself. What a gal!