11.18.2009

who you gonna call?


You never know how things are going to come out. Take a gently nurtured child, pamper her and give her every material thing her heart desires, introduce her to proper society, send her to the finest schools in the country and you should predictably wind up with a Westport matron whose work life consists of a few days at the Minks and Sinks rummage sale.
Not a person who moves from working as a go-go girl wearing pasties to clubbing baby seals in Alaska to writing House of Horror comic books. But even knowing this history, I could never have predicted this most recent incarnation as a security guard on the set of Vampire Diaries. What's next? How the hell could I possibly guess?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...what everyman wants: a woman you can surrender to

Dianne said...

A ranch hand in MO!

cba said...

O.K., O.K. My day so sucks.

Yesterday I decided working as a security guard had no future. Let's face it. Standing in the rain for 12 hours, and the most interesting thing I'm allowed to say is " Are you with cast or crew? Please park to the rear."

So, I thought marrying a wealthy surgeon might be an interesting alternative.

I had an intro, an introduction, and an appointment.

But No! My teenage daughter, who turns eighteen today, came down with the flu.

Back to the paking lot. "Excuse me, Sir. Are you with the cast, or the crew?"

cba said...

Dear Anonymous: I also work as a Vacumatrix. If you recall, we had a bet, or a bargain. I can't remember.

Something about a vacuum. That I remember.

Can't wait. Maybe New Years.

Claudia said...

Call the doc and ask for a private consultation. . .

Meanwhile, security guard is looking pretty good. See blog above.