2.02.2023

selfies like you've never seen!

 Selfies like you maybe don't want to see! OK, trigger warning. These pictures have not been, ahem, doctored. Although doctors have been involved. It was not my fave January ever, what with Covid then what I believed  would be a fairly minor surgery. Might be TMI.
Before

 
After. They had to carve out a basal cell, biopsy it, and then carve it out again and biopsy it yet another time to make sure margins were clear. And it was deeper than the moh surgeon expected. 
He wound up having to take what's called a nasiolabial flap from my cheek to fill in my nose. I ave tried to understand how this works, but the best I can find are these diagrams. He was afraid he might have to use some cartilage as well, but didn't. I guess I had enough nose left.

 
Doc warned me that I would look as if I'd been in a bar fight and likely have a black eye, but I wasn't really expecting what ensued.
 

Life imitating art. Ooh, the colors! as Katie would say.
My phone recognizes me again as long as I'm wearing a bandage.
And today, a week and a day after surgery. She's a rainbow!

 

No comments: