1.20.2023

tested

 

So a week and a half ago I started feeling sick, then finally tested positive for the Covid, the day before I was supposed to go to California for my sister-in-law Lauri's memorial service. She had been bedridden for a long, long time, and was much more cheerful and tolerant about her illness than I was that day. I really wanted to go see my brother and niece and be present for Lauri. 

  Anyway, I went to sleep, and as I awakened I was dreaming of a priest with a net chasing two yellow butterflies around a sunny yard. And when I woke up a little verse stuck in my head.
    Dance little butterflies
    Dance in the sun
    For soon dark will come
    And the dance will be done
    Til the dawn.
I wrote the ditty down fast, and then began to wonder. The yellow butterflies seemed deeply symbolic, archetypal. So I googled "yellow butterflies meaning." 
    And came up with the following, which was total news to me:

 

Chasing a yellow butterfly in your dream symbolizes that you have lost someone you cared about.

If seen soon after the passing of a loved one, the yellow butterfly is a sign that the loved one is sending hope of a reunion in the afterlife.

In Roman culture a yellow butterfly symbolizes the finality of death. Family members may wear an accessory fashioned after the butterfly. 
In Greek folklore, yellow butterflies were a symbol of the soul.
In early Christian times, yellow butterflies depicted the soul and were a symbol of resurrection.
In Celtic tradition, a yellow butterfly if seen near a dying person was an omen of eternal happiness for that person.

Many Native American tribes viewed yellow butterflies as symbols of joyfulness and hope.

In Japan, yellow butterflies are seen as a symbol of rebirth or reincarnation.

In Indian culture yellow butterflies are carriers that transport the souls of those who have passed on to a blissful place where the process of transmigration is completed.

 

Go figure. 

And today, after 12 days and Paxlovid, and too late, I tested negative.



 

 

 

 

 


No comments: