4.08.2022

portrait of the goose

 

I could not resist buying a plant, although I do not need one and am kind of sick of traveling with greenery. Especially since it's meant to freeze tonight and the little bitter melons I planted and tended in NY and then planted in the round yesterday will die. Anyway, Virginia says she will babysit the dracaena for me while I'm gone. She gave me the long framed puzzle of the skyline of New York City, including the the World Trade Towers. Bill Dugan, of course, contributed the self-portrait and all the post cards. I thought I'd leave the puzzle here as a memento of my other home. I mean, I have Katie's painting of my porch on BI on the other wall.

So that's the downstairs pretty much. When it's warm, I am outside on the upstairs deck. When it is cold, which it is now, I spend more time upstairs inside, where it's warmer. Especially in bed.



And that's all there is to the place, really. Except the setting.
Anyway, this is funny. A friend out here asked me for my souffle recipe yesterday. Her son liked it, and she wanted to make it.  However, I have never made souffle in my life. So I was bemused, and told her so.
I went to sleep, and last night I dreamt I was in a grocery store buying ingredients to make ratatouille, which is something I often make in the summer when no one can even give away their zucchini and tomatoes and other garden truck. 
So today I get the following message from her.
"He said it just the best. It had vegetables baked in the oven in a large rectular pan. He kept telling me it was a savory mousse. I asked did he said it was quiche or mousse. Thanks anyway."
It dawned on me that the dish was ratatouille. Which I had just been dreaming about. Must write down the recipe. 
 

1 comment:

kateknappartist said...

A true LOVE of one's HOME