3.29.2020

rainy day roundup

It's Sunday, and I don't usually post on weekends, but it's also Quarantine, and people are asking me where I am and what I'm doing. Including two high school boyfriends.
   I am in Massachusetts with my sister, her husband and her two daughters who got turfed out of their colleges. I have been here for a week tomorrow in sort of quarantine. It feels very odd to have three homes and be unable to live in any of them. Ed says, "Bottom line: You do not get to be you. And I don't get to be me while others are at stake."
   You all know the situation in New York City. In Block Island, the unwelcome mat is out. See here. They don't want outsiders in Missouri, either. See here. (I did have the phone service turned on at the Goose and the house cleaned, and it looks as if a friend from Kansas City and her son will stay there for a bit. A neighbor said he would make sure the cityfolk were safe.) The state of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations is sending in the guard. See here.
    So my plan was to go to a rental house of Hannah's and wait it out for however long it takes to make it to Block Island. The renters moved out of the place last night, and it is empty but for a full freezer. I mean empty. Hannah guys and Erin guys have lots of extra furniture and stuff, so I will be ok if the cops don't check my license. Fortunately, my plates say Missouri, and I can prove that I was in Hawaii and then quarantine, thanks to this blog!
   On the other hand, I could let Flip shop for me and Erin cook for me and sit here in front of the fire until spring comes.
   What should I do?

3 comments:

Donna Ferrato, Founder Domestic Abuse Awareness, Inc. said...

let Flip shop - because you hate it, let Erin cook, be an entertaining housemate. keep writing and taking pictures. your commentary is reciprocracity.

Claudia said...

Thank you, MaDonna!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are safe whatever you decided. Hannah's video tour of Surf City and yours of Hannahs spot are looking good right about now. OY.
XO
Sarah Fearon