6.27.2013

parking on 82nd

I have not been taking any pictures in NYC, which is my usual blog go-to when I don't feel like writing anything.
Let me just say that after spending from 9:15 this ayem until 12:30 parking the damn truck, including fights between drivers of other vehicles, a patronizing New Yorker who thought I didn't know the rules because I have an out-of-state plate and who managed to score my spot by talking loudly in a Long Island accent, a Craig's list person who wanted me to drive to furthest Brooklyn in the middle of the night to pick up a cabinet that she then gave to a neighbor, and a plethora of moving and mail trucks, I am basically done.
The truck is parked. I'm going to Brooklyn. On the subway. And then, soon,  I'm outta here.
#sweatinglikeapig

3 comments:

cba said...

Well, that's what you get for playing both sides of the coin!

Maybe you jut can't be a City Slicker an a Ford driving good old girl, too.

Better either get a chauffeur, or give the truck to Bear.

Dianne said...

And if you think you'll leave the sweat behind when you come to the Ozarks, well...think again! Heat index 105 today, & it feels hotter than that in the hay field!!!

Claudia said...

Ozarks here I come! The river better be full. . .